Your Benefits & Universal credit

There have been a number of big changes to how welfare benefits are paid. Universal Credit will replace some benefits and tax credits for people in and out of work.

You will be affected if you receive:

  • Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
  • Housing Benefit
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Working Tax Credit

The way you get your money and how it is paid is also changing. Unlike now, it will be your responsibility to make sure the money you receive for your rent is paid to us.
With all these changes to benefits, we are here to help you understand what this means to you, direct you to useful websites for more information, refer you for advice to get extra support and so on.
If you think you will struggle to plan your money, pay your rent or other bills, we are here to help. You can contact us by phone or email.

Here are some useful websites about Universal Credit:

Here are some useful links for other Council support that you may be entitled to: