Health and wellbeing
We are working together with a number of organisations, partners and community groups to create our own programme of activities and projects that support the Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) Act.
This is an exciting opportunity for us to work together to improve the social, economic, environmental and cultural well-being of Wales. We need to think about the long-term results and consequences of our decisions and how we can prevent problems occurring. For more information, click here.
Nature for Health Programme:
If you would like to improve your health & wellbeing by accessing your local natural environment, please come and take part in one of our Nature for Health Projects, delivered in partnership with Denbighshire Countryside Service.
This project offers an opportunity to meet new people and learn new skills, whilst working together to protect and enhance your local natural environment. The project is being delivered at:
- The Marsh and the Phoenix Centre, Rhydwyn Drive Rhyl
- Morfa Gateway, Prestatyn
- Pengwern Community Centre, Llangollen
- Canolfan Ni, Corwen
Here are just some of the projects that we have been working on since the project began:
- Woodland skills, bush craft and breakfast in the woods
- Conservation and gardening volunteering opportunities
- Mindfulness, Nordic and health walks
- Environmental arts and crafts, including willow weaving, felt making, bird, bat and dormouse box making
- Allotment and food growing sessions
- Trips to local gardens & AONB sites
- Holiday activities for younger people and families
If you would like more information about activities near you, have a look at our events page or follow the links below.
If you have an idea for a project that utilises the natural environment in your community, please feel free to contact the Nature for Health team on 01824 70600.